Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wow! What a difference nice people make

The one amazing thing about yesterday's race was all of the incredibly nice people I saw along the way. From the runners cheering each other on, to the people who came out of their homes at 6 a.m. to say way to go to the people working the water stations, my first half marathon was a great experience.


glitter-graphics.com

I met a woman yesterday who ran the 1/2 marathon and then ran a few miles back in the course to walk with her friend and ultimately with me. She was such an inspiration, a mother of two who still had time to train. She was so positive and kept reminding us what an accomplishment it was for us. The two of them even helped carry a man at the finish line and feed him oranges so he didn't pass out.

Then, one of my friends was so amazing. She walked with me instead of running and toward the end you could tell she wanted to run at least a little bit. So she ran a few miles to the finish area, then turned around and came back to cross with me.

When I was training I was so worried it would talk me too long and I'd be the last one there. But I wasn't. And I never imagined how nice everyone would be.

I know I'm going to sign up again next year. I hope you'll join me!

Stylishly yours,

Miss Attitude

No comments: