Saturday, March 15, 2008

Girls Just Want to Have Fun!

The pajama party was a blast! We ate, drank, laughed, gossiped and watched movies. If you haven't had a sleepover since middle school, you should plan one now. It was a great way to blow off steam and spend a little girl bonding time.

We watched Girls Just Want to Have Fun with Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt, Shannon Doherty, Jonathon Silverman and Lee Montgomery. I've never seen Montgomery in anything since 1985, but gosh he was cute. None of us had any boys like that in our high school!

The other movie we watched was The Princess Bride. Most of us couldn't believe my friend *N* had never seen it before. "Inconcievable!" It's such a classic! "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

After watching both of these movies I couldn't help but wonder though.. is this why women my age have such high romantic expectations? The man is always handsome, strong and there to rescue you from dangerous situations or make your dreams come true.

Nowadays most of us realize we need to rescue ourselves and work hard to make our dreams come true. The strong, handsome hunk is just an added bonus, right? Or is it just me?
Do you think watching all those 80s chick flicks changed how you view dating? I want to hear from you.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: