Monday, March 31, 2008

President Bush strikes out with fans at Washington Nationals home opener



So I just say this today, fans President Bush booed during the ceremonial first pitch at the Washington Nationals home opener yesterday.

Now, I know he's not the popular president at this point with the ongoing Iraq war, the state of the economy, etc. And I certainly didn't vote for him, either time. But, I was raised to show the proper respect for the position regardless of how you feel. It feels unneccessary and disrespectful to the country to boo the president. Or maybe I'm alone in this.

It's definitely a different reception than the one he got in the 2001 World Series when he throw the opening pitch following the September 11th attacks. But, then again my research shows last year Dick Cheney was booed at the Nationals home opener as well, and his pitch landed in the dirt.

So what do you think? Did he deserve to be booed? Or should people be more respectful? E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: