Thursday, March 27, 2008

TSA gives woman a pair of pliers to remove nipple rings before boarding a plane

Wait.. I just found an even better story for the day, thanks again to my friends at Fark.com.

LOS ANGELES (AP) ― A Texas woman who claims she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin, 37, said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Hamlin's attorney is Gloria Allred.

"The conduct of TSA was cruel and unnecessary," Allred wrote. "The last time that I checked a nipple was not a dangerous weapon."
Read the rest of the story

Okay, here's what I want to know. Do nipple rings really set off the metal detectors? Regular earrings don't, or tongue rings. I mean, how big were those rings?? And if they have that much metal, didn't she know they'd set off the metal detector in the first place? Hasn't she flown before? Wouldn't you just take them off before you left for the airport? If I can't even wear my flip flops through security, I wouldn't chance anything!

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude
miss.attitude7@gmail.com

No comments: