Saturday, March 22, 2008

McDreamy... I'd recongnize that voice anywhere

So the other day I was watching TV and saw a new State Farm insurance commercial. It wasn't the commercial itself that grabbed my attention, but the voice. It belonged Patrick Dempsey (a.k.a. Dr. McDreamy in "Grey's Anatomy.") I'd recognize that voice anywhere. Now, I'm not sure his voice makes me want to run right out and change insurance companies, but I did even rewind the commercial on the DVR.

A few days earlier, I did the same thing when I saw an Applebee's commercial. It wasn't the disgustingly fattening fried food that made me want to watch it, again it was the voice. John Corbett (a.k.a. Aidan in "Sex and the City.")

It's not that celebrity voice overs in advertising are a new thing. I guess I'm just surprised by the celebrities who are doing them. Does Patrick Dempsey really need extra cash? Or does he just feel passionate about State Farm? What about John Corbett? I bet he has never eaten at an Applebee's, okay at least not since he was the slimmed-down trim Aidan the second time on SATC.

I even found this cool game online. You can listen to the audio clips to match the celebrity with the product they're pitching. To test your skills Click Here

And while I'm sure from a product standpoint, you would want one of the most recognizable voices connected with what you're selling. But seriously? I'm supposed to believe George Clooney, the sexiest man alive, drinks Bud??

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude
missattitude@mysuncoast.com

No comments: