Monday, March 24, 2008

No, there's nothing wrong with you!

I recently received this e-mail from a reader:

I am in my mid-40s and have not had plastic surgery and don't dye my hair. Is there something wrong with me?

The simple answer is no, there's nothing wrong with you. In fact, it's refreshing to hear from a woman who embraces who she is, instead of trying to change herself to please others.

In TV, movies and magazines men who grow older tend to be viewed as distinguished and more handsome, but women are often seen as getting old. Recently several actresses have challenged that. Just look at Diane Keaton and Jamie Lee Curtis. These are woman who appear to be even more empowered and beautiful as they grow older. I also think Teri Hatcher looks amazing and appears so comfortable in her own skin at the age of 43. Hatcher, though in 2006, admitted to Glamour Magzine she did have Botox. But, she did tell the magazine it's okay to have wrinkles as you age and that she's not trying to look 25.

I think the most important thing is to feel good about yourself, on the inside and out. So don't head to the salon or the plastic surgeon to please anyone else!

I want to hear from more of you. And remember, as I promised, everyone remains anonymous. E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some people have the genes to grow old gracefully, while others definitely don't. If you are attractive w/o dyeing your hair and you've taken good care of your skin all growing up - great! More power to you.

Me? I love hearing "You don't look that old!" every time someone finds out my age - I think I'll stick w/my hairdresser!