Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Patrick Swayze has cancer

Ladies, I just couldn't believe the news when I heard it yesterday. Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. When I first read it the source was the National Enquirer so I really thought it might not be true. They were reporting he only had 5 months to live.

But today's news, from much more reliable sources, paints a much brighter picture.

The "Dirty Dancing" actor has a very limited amount of disease and appears to be responding well to treatment, according to Dr. George Fisher, Swayze's physician.

I hope that the diagnosis is exactly that. I know my blog and column is supposed to be more about dating dilemmas, working woes, etc. But today talking about the 80's icon seemed much more appropriate.

Dirty Dancing still remains one of my all time favorite movies. If you're a 30 something year old woman, you know what I'm talking about. I can remember the first time I saw the movie. I was in middle school and allowed to go with just my friends. We must have seen it at least 3 times in the theatre. I can probably still recite every single line "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" and sing every single song Now I've had the time of my life

"No I never felt like this before. Yes I swear it's the truth. And I owe it all to you."

So ladies, let's hope that the National Enquirer is dramatically wrong like it always is and Patrick Swayze will be okay.

Stylishly yours,

Miss Attitude

No comments: