Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seriously, you don't dye your hair?

Okay, a loyal Miss Attitude reader has asked me if she knows the 40+ year old who doesn't dye her hair... because she doesn't believe it!

It didn't occur to me to question the woman further, but now wonder how good she could possibly look without dyeing her hair? Miss A. admits to dyeing her own hair since college. First it started out just as fun, and then a few short years later it was to cover the gray. I started to notice a few grays very early and I didn't want any part of that. And apparently neither did my loyal viewer.

"My hair would be a scraggly kinky gray mess if I didn't go see (insert hair dresser name here) every 5 weeks."

I can remember, though, the worst I felt about the gray. I was maybe 30, at the oldest, and it had been a few months since my last hair appointment. And you won't believe the person who pointed out my gray hairs. Bob Hite! Now, if you live or have lived in Tampa, you know who I'm talking about. I remember I was mortified, I didn't know what to say to the man nearly twice my age who had a history of saying whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, including on WFLA-TV every day!

But I do know I played into the stereotype. While he went around proud of his gray, a distinguished older man, I made my hair appointment ASAP to make sure I covered that gray right up!

So what do you think? If women like Heather Locklear, Eva Longoria and Sarah Jessica Parker endorse hair colors, should you be ashamed? E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: