Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recycling.. and no not the green kind!

Have you ever been guilty of relationship recycling? You know what I'm talking about.. instead of going out and meeting someone new, you go back to that old boyfriend/girlfriend. It's easier, you know what you're getting, you know that person's strengths and weaknesses and you figure you probably won't get hurt, right?

Not that I'm proud of it, but I've been doing this since college. And yesterday I learned it's habit I'm about to break for good. I made myself a promise at the beginning of the year, not a New Year's Resolution per se, but a promise to stop recycling and find someone new. And I've been strong, you know, I told you about eHarmony. But without a lot of success, I started feeling a little down a few weeks ago. And that's where you troubles always begin..

So I sent an e-mail to one of my few remaining recycles. We never technically dated, but over the course of several years hung out, e-mailed, drunk dialed, etc. Yesterday, I found out he got married last month. And let me tell you what a shock that was!

He was the one I could count on to always be there, just in case. My back up, if you will. Now, I assure you it's not quite as devastating as last year when I learned my primary recycle got married and had a kid. He was the one I always thought I'd end up with. And to top it off, he married the girl he dated after me. But that's a whole other story...

So have you ever recycled? I want to hear from you.. and not just the ladies! I know male friends of mine who have done it too. What are the benefits? What are the pitfalls? How do you end it for good? E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: