Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rick Astley says he supports Rickrolling!

As I was checking out Fark.com I saw this headline: Rick Astley has been found. Reveals that he supports RickRolling and never gave us up

The 80s pop singer, largely MIA since "Never Gonna Give You Up," is finding this web phenomenon of Rickrolling entertaining. In an interview Astley says “Listen, I just think it’s bizarre and funny. My main consideration is that my daughter doesn’t get embarrassed about it.”

To read the story and hear more of his interview Click Here

Now, I've never been Rickrolled, but I've heard a lot of my friends talking about it. If you're out of the loop like apparently I was, it's when someone posts or sends you a misleading link that sounds interesting or exciting, but actually turns out to be Rick Astley's video.

And honestly, I still have a hard time understanding why it's so funny. Maybe it's because I actually liked the song when it first came out (I owned the tape.) Or maybe my sense of humor is just off. Some of my guy friends will definitely tell you the latter is true (judging by my taste in movies-- I hated "Zoolander" and "Napoleon Dynamite"-- seriously!)

So what do you think? Is it hilarious? Do you Rickroll your friends? E-mail me your stories at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: