Sunday, June 22, 2008

Does the environment want my dishes to be dirty?

The other day I bought Eco-friendly dishwasher detergent. I'm still a long way from tree-hugger status, but I try and do little things here and there. I use my "green" bags when shopping and I recently bought the energy saving light bulbs. But this recent purchase was a bust.


Photobucket

Palmolive's Eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent is a dud in my opinion. Not only are the dishes still not clean, it left a film of soap on everything. The first time I ran the dishwasher I thought maybe it was a fluke. So I've run two more loads since then. Nope, it just doesn't work. So I did something I rarely to. I went online and filed a complaint. In my submission I stated I wished I had never purchased the product as it was a waste of money. Here's the auto-response I got:

Thank you for contacting the Colgate-Palmolive Company with your feedback or question. We have received your e-mail and it is being forwarded to the appropriate parties. You can expect a reply from us within a few business days.


Sincerely,

Colgate-Palmolive


I want my money back. I wonder if that will happen. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, if you've found an Eco-friendly detergent that works please let me know.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

(update 6/23/08) I received the following e-mail from the consumer affairs department:

Thank you for contacting us over the Internet about Palmolive Automatic Dishwasher Gel Eco+ Lemon Splash. Your interest in our products and company is greatly appreciated.

Your response involved material we wanted to send you, therefore the response has been sent via regular (postal) mail and should reach you within three weeks.

If you do not receive this response through regular mail, or have any questions about this, please contact us again by email, or by calling us at 1-800-468-6502, and provide the number appearing after my name below.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information is helpful.




Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently reading Gorgeously Green (I hope to interview the author in a bit) and she claims that right now, most eco-friendly dishwashing soaps suck and don't get things clean. I guess it's all about the SLS which which makes the bubbles.

She did mention one or two liquids that she found to be the best of the bunch, but nothing was said about dishwasher soap.

Queenie said...

I've tried ecofriendly products in the past, and what's unfortunate is that I've found that a lot of them don't work. And they're more expensive to boot. If anyone can find reasonable working eco-friendly products, I would be happy to purchase them.

Anonymous said...

I think it will only be a matter of time before they can make something eco-friendly that actually works. I know there are a lot of sites out there that talk about cleaners you can make to clean just about anything with things you already have around your house like vinegar and baking soda. For some great eco-friendly ideas I would check out the new Planet Green Web site planetgreen.discovey.com. The network is pretty cool and has a lot of good ideas.