Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vote for Courtney Courtney!

Please help an amazing Tampa woman win her dream wedding. Us Magazine has a contest underway for a couple to win a celebrity fantasy wedding worth up to $100,000. I want all of you to vote for Courtney Dempsey and Gary Courtney.

Photobucket

Why you ask? Well first of all, her name will be Courtney Courtney. I love that! The second reason is she's from Tampa. The third reason is she's a friend of a friend of mine. But here's the most important reason: She and her husband deserve the wedding of a lifetime.


Courtney Dempsey & Gary Courtney, Jr.

How did you meet?
"We were introduced through a mutual friend at a networking event. He was in a relationship, but I gave him my business card and told him to call me if things didn't work out. He called me the next day. Three years later, and we are still together."

Tell Us about your engagement.
"He surprised me with dinner on the beach while on vacation in Jamaica. After the salad course, he proposed. I cried for a solid 20 minutes before he said, 'You haven't looked at the ring or said yes!' He had our dessert plates say 'Mr. and Mrs. Courtney.'

Have you overcome in obstacles?
"I was told four years ago that I only had one year to live, as I was diagnosed with stage IV malignant melanoma. I have since had a double mastectomy with reconstruction, thyroid cancer and am currently under treatment for a lung condition. He has been with me throughout the pain, sleepless nights, constant medication and side effects — as well as the $39,000 in debt I have incurred from having cancer. Most men would run, but he is one in a million."

Which past celebrity wedding is your favorite and why?
"The one's that last! But I loved Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmond's family theme."

Describe your Dream Wedding.
"On a beach, somewhere warm. A celebration of life: a big party with family and close friends. We'd want it to be laid back with the little things in life that make you happy, like cupcakes and French fries!"

Why should people vote for you?
"Because my name would be Courtney Courtney, for one reason! And it's nice to hear of a good, old-fashioned love story with all the stuff going on in the world. We have the 'for richer or poorer thing' as well as 'in sickness and in health thing' down pat. We remind people that their problems are not that bad and that you don't need material things to make you happy."


They've already beat out 4,000 other couples and need your help to win.
Click here
to vote for the soon to be Mrs. Courtney Courtney. And please tell your friends. The leading three couples as of June 25 will be featured in a story in Us Weekly and advance to the next round!

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude


Bookmark and Share

1 comment: