Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Please take me off your mailing list

I got another one in the mail. I don't know what it annoys me so much, but it does. And as usual I just tossed it in trash by my mailbox. I don't even bother bringing these into my condo. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. I'm talking about baby magazines.

Photobucket

Somehow I've gotten myself on a mailing list that shows I should either have a baby or want to have a baby. For months now, I've been getting magazines, free diaper samples, free formula samples, etc. And I don't want any part of it. I'm 33 and maybe most women my age have kids or want them soon, but my biological clock is definitely not ticking. And it doesn't help that I'm not a baby person. I'm just not. Don't get me wrong, I like kids. Well some kids.

I like them more when they're about 3-6 years old. I like when they can go to the bathroom for themselves and have conversations with you. Like this weekend there was this adorable little girl in the Coach store on Duval Street in Key West. She was probably about 3. She was carrying around a little white Coach purse and petting it. She was so cute I couldn't help but watch her. I told her mom "She's starting a little young for Coach." I probably watched her for 5 minutes or so and was contemplating taking a picture, but I 1.) Didn't want to seem like a wierdo in the store 2.) Got dragged over to the $20 wristlets by one of my friends. But I digress.

Anyway, you get the idea. I don't dislike children, but I'm not in any rush either. So why should I be feeling pressure just because I landed on the wrong mailing list? I guess they don't know they're just wasting their advertising dollars on me.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Hello Kimmy said...

$20 wristlets are the bomb! You bought one.. so don't complain. Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Just take comfort that they ARE wasting their advertising dollars on you..
And you're probably one of thousands of women who get those things and toss them straight in the dumpster!

I can't believe I didn't see that kid petting the Coach purse. I, too, was too overtaken with the $20 wristlets!
By the way.. how many exactly did Miss Kimmy buy?!?!?!