Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dear Miss Attitude

I really want to share the story of one of my readers. She first wrote to me in April. Her e-mail and my response are part of my column which appear in June's issue of Attitudes Magazine. However, due to word count restrictions I couldn't include her entire e-mail. Plus, she's written me an update on her situation since then.

Reader:
Nick and I met two years ago online, thru a website we were both using to meet people with similar interests. Right away we hit it off. Even though there was a bit of chemistry (or as much as you can tell via the internet) he was always very respectful, and in a way, kind of withdrawn. It was a confusing mixture since he always spoke about how much he liked me and was interested in me.

Thru-out the two years, I dated other people, but I always came back to him.

Three weeks ago, Nick and I finally went on our first date. He was a complete gentleman, which I am definitely not used to. I tend to attract the men who want only sex or are married. He came to my house, picked me up, took me to dinner and a movie and then brought me home. When we got back to my house, he walked me to my door, gave me a hug, and kissed my cheek. It was the sweetest thing. But no second date was set.

A few days later, we talked online. He mentioned how much he adored me, how he had such a wonderful time and he can't wait to see me again. But still no second date was set.

Nick is very wrapped up in his career (he is a high-end executive) and he also is pursuing his Master's Degree. So he is very busy. I understand that, but if he was truly interested, wouldn't he want to see me again?

How do I know to wait patiently (without making it another two years before another date) or should I move on to greener pastures?


Miss Attitude:

I've given a lot of thought to your question because on the one hand it appears Nick may be interested in you, on the other hand after two years it shouldn't be that difficult to set a second date. It has also been my experience, busy or not, if someone wants to be with you they will find the time. But before you make any decisions, you should ask him for that second date. This is 2008, not 1958 and a woman should have no problem asking a man to go out with her. If he makes excuses then yes, it's time to move on. You deserve someone who treats you well and wants to be with you.


Tomorrow I'll share her update. And don't forget if you need advice I want to hear from you. You can e-mail me at missattitude@missattitude.us. Don't forget you will remain anonymous. I promise to never use names unless you want me to.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

Bookmark and Share

No comments: