Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bling Fling

Welcome to Bling Fling, well sort of. I hosted girls' night at my place last night and we had a blast. Wait, did you ask what is Bling Fling? Let me show you.

Photobucket

I asked everyone to gather up their unwanted & gently used accessories (i.e. purses, bracelets, rings, necklaces, scarves, etc.) The idea is you trade the items you don't use anymore for "new to you" accessories. Because let's face it ladies, must of us have accessories we've barely worn and won't wear again. Some probably still have tags on 'em. We actually had quite a few like that.

Photobucket

When I first suggested the idea someone asked, "What happens if two people want the same thing?" I hadn't really thought about it. Most of my girlfriends are easy breezy. I couldn't imagine a catfight. But she persisted that I would need rules. So here are the rules I came up with:



Bling Fling Official Rules
1. Each participant must write explanation for why she thinks she should be the one to receive a particular piece of Bling instead of other the other women.
2. Please keep submissions brief and as entertaining as possible.
3. Submissions will be anonymous and must be placed either a cup in front of item or inside large items.

Photobucket

4. After all submissions are completed the group will vote by a show of hands.
5. Winner must receive a majority of the votes. In the event of a tie, there will be a Bling-off.
6. In the event of a Bling-off, each woman will have 30 seconds to express why simply must have the item. Participants can use words, songs, charades, etc.
7. In the event certain items are ridiculously out of fashion, participants must limit mockery to a minimum.
8. At the end of the eve
nt, all unwanted items will be donated to The Spring of Tampa Bay.

Photobucket

Of course my friends were extremely nice and accommodating. If one of the girls really wanted something, the others would bow out. I actually had to encourage them to fight for the prize a little more. So we did have a few Bling-offs, which were very entertaining. They included the Gator chomp, sibling rivalry comments and me playing the "I'm unemployed" card. BTW, I won that round and a very cute makeup bag.

Photobucket

I'd say we all made out pretty well with our accessories. And I have a bunch of stuff to donate for a great charity. What a great way to spend a Friday night! I think you should try it sometime.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude
www.missattitude.us


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Friend,
Its a very good work. its more informative. Suggest me some website where i will get more information. All the best good work.Thanks in Advance.
============================
Micky Brown
http://www.hookup-tonite.com