Friday, June 13, 2008

Dating deal breakers

A couple weeks ago a guy I'd been hanging out with walked into my condo wearing Crocs and a camouflage hat. I was stunned. Speechless. Anyone who knows me knows me, or anyone who's read my blog enough, knows I simply can NOT tolerate fashion no nos like that. Now before you're too quick to judge me for saying that's a deal breaker, I want to disclose he proceeded to talk about hunting and I think what they call "Muddin!" Yikes! All deal breakers.

I've been thinking a lot about dating deal breakers. Some people who know me will say I'm too picky. But my close friends will tell you it's really more about refusing to settle. After all, I've ignored some deal breakers and kept dating some less than appropriate men because I didn't want to write them off too quickly. Let's see there was the guy with the unibrow, the nearly 40 year old who still slept in a twin bed (!), the guy who had the same toothbrush for 13 years (could I really make that up??), and the list goes on.

So I began to wonder what other people's ideas of deal breakers are. I asked around online this week and here are some of the responses I got:

Can't deal with smokers or people that don't care about their bodies.

Too many to list, im picky! Right off the top, promiscuousness, inability to communicate, no job

a nose ring

mine are very simple. Cheaters. and...baggage in bed.

just emotional/intimacy issues in general, both big time deal breakers.

it would be teeth. When you can tell someone doesn't brush. Sickening.

asking to go dutch on the date. You pay or I pay; I hate the dutchness.

men that display ANY KIND of temper on the 1st date

if he is full of himself, then I'll pass.

someone who talks about themselves too much and doesn't ask about me

bad gas and facial hair

bad teeth/bad breath/bad manners


So what are your deal breakers? Inquiring minds want to know...

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

dalydose said...

A woman has to be all about ME. I don't say this because of some egomaniacal personality flaw. No, the truth of the matter is that this type of instant adoration only shows her good taste!

Deal breakers:
*Smoking
*Negativity
*Offensive odors
*ending sentences with the word "so" - ex. 'The circus is coming to town, so...'