Thursday, May 1, 2008

Great timing!

I just got back from a walk and thought I knew what I was going to blog about today, but I checked my e-mail first and I'm glad. I received this:

Hey!
I just read your blog on the skirt website and it couldn't have come at a better time! I just returned last night from a great vacation and went in to work this morning ready to hit the ground running with a clear and determined head. Two minutes into the day my boss called me into his office and fired me. Little reason was given, other then he thought I took my vacation at a bad time (though he approved it -- finny how that works). I didn't even know what to say or how to react -- I was blank. I was still jet lagged from the time change and couldn't help but wonder if the situation was real or if I was still sitting on the plane and this was some sort of travel induced dream from too many pretzels. I walked out of there with my $323 consolation check for unused vacation time and felt confused, but strangely relieved.

I actually just logged onto the Skirt site to begin searching for a job and saw your blog. The energy surrounding this day -- and my firing -- couldn't be more positive. There are signs everywhere telling me this is a blessing in disguise and I am so much better for it -- and your blog was one of them! My job was in events but I have a degree in journalism and it drove me crazy that I never had the time to freelance in writing or pursue something I truly love. Now I have all the time in the world and I couldn't be more thankful for that. Thank you shitty boss man -- I am free!

Thanks so much for your inspiring words and best of luck!


As I promise, I don't use anyone's name. But this reader's kind words made my day. Here's someone who has every right to be bitter and angry and feeling sorry for herself. Instead she's already out there looking for the positive. And she's also realized she wasn't pursuing her dreams, instead she was working for a boss who clearly didn't appreciate her for all that she did.

These are definitely tough times to be unemployed, believe me. But I already feel happier in my life. As I've mentioned before I feel blessed to have such supportive friends and family. And now thanks to blogging I'm able to pursue my true passion of writing and also hopefully helping some people along the way.

So I want to thank the reader for sharing her story. Also as she mentioned she read my blog on Skirt.com . I'm also posting there now. That will not replace this blog by the way. In fact, I'll let you in a little secret today. Miss Attitude hopes to launch her own Web Site this summer. So stay tuned!

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

miss.attitude7@gmail.com


No comments: