Monday, May 12, 2008

Yes, I'm an addict

My friends, I am a shopaholic. But I'm not just any shopaholic. I'm addicted to shoes. I guess this isn't a new revelation, but it became more obvious I had a problem when I was at the outlets the other day. I met a friend for lunch. He lives in Sarasota and I live in Tampa. We agreed to meet in between in Ellenton, which for those of you who don't live in the Tampa Bay area is where the outlets are. Yikes!

After lunch I headed straight toward Off 5th. I often find really good deals on name brand shoes there. I also had an idea of what I wanted. I need a pair of black sandals that I can wear with jeans and with dresses. I know, I know. My friends and family are thinking I have so many pair of shoes, how could I possibly need another pair? Let me explain. I do have two pair of black strappy sandals. Both are several years old and not in style anymore. Wait before you judge me, let me just tell you the last time I wore one of them out a guy noticed they were out of style, a straight guy. I rest my case.

So anyway, I immediately found a perfect pair. Kate Spade.

Photobucket

I actually don't own Kate Spade anything. It's typically too expensive for me. The shoes (above) were more than $200, but still a great price for Kate Spade. So I texted a few friends, "I guess buying Kate Spade shoes are bad if you don't have a job?" One of my friends, who's also an admitted shopaholic, replied back it would seem so. But she asked me to send a picture anyway. After I did that, I kept looking. I figured there had to be a less expensive pair. And then I found these.

Photobucket

Betsey Johnson. For $78. Now if you don't already know this, that's a pretty good deal for Betsey Johnson shoes.
But I put the shoes down and walked away. Now if I'm being honest, I went back two more times and tried them on again. But no matter what rationale I tried, I couldn't justify $78 shoes when I don't have a full-time job. I know those of you who don't have a shoe addiction like I do are saying it's a no brainer. But it's not for an addict.

Let me explain why shoes are so addictive. I've never had a pair of shoes let me down. Now on occasion I've had an uncomfortable pair, but nothing a little breaking in wouldn't fix. Shoes always fit. Through the years as I've gained weight, lost weight and gained it back again, my shoes always fit. They are also very versatile. A great pair can complement your favorite jeans AND your favorite skirt. Shoes also make you taller if you want. I'm 5'1" so that's very important to me. Plus, a fabulous pair can also give you the extra boost of confidence you need on a first date or a job interview. How many items in your life can you say the same about? Just think about it.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

Digg!

No comments: