Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just say no!

The other day I saw a teenager wearing a pair of Crocs and it made me want to shout "What the hell are you wearing? You're old enough to know better!" I really hoped people would stop wearing these horrible excuses for shoes. But since they aren't, I'm on a one-woman mission.

If you own a pair, please just get rid of them. Do NOT wear them ever again! And no, putting those dumb plastic flowers or whatever the heck those gadgets are does NOT make them look any better. And do me another favor, please don't buy Crocs for your children. Haven't you seen the stories about how kids get their shoes stuck in escalators and such? Buy your child real sandals please.

The first time I saw someone wearing a pair of Crocs in public was nearly two years ago when I lived in Memphis. I had no idea what they were, but knew I never wanted to see another pair again in my life. Then a few days later one of the guys at work asked me if it was okay to wear Crocs in public? I asked what he was talking about. When he described the shoes, I almost screamed at him. I told him under no circumstances should he ever wear those shoes out of his house. He said he wore them around the pool, and while I don't like that idea, at least you're in your own backyard.

The further we got into summer, the more people I saw wearing these heinous things. And I kept thinking to myself "No one in Tampa would be caught dead wearing these!" But sadly, I was wrong. Apparently this unbelievable trend took longer to trickle down to Florida. When I moved back at the end of the year, I saw these atrocious pieces of plastic on sale EVERYWHERE. I couldn't believe my eyes.

But now it's 2008, hasn't this horrific trend run its course??? So please do me a favor. Get rid of all the pairs in your closests, all of them! Now, I'm not suggesting you fill your trash cans and dumpsters with them since I don't think Crocs need to destroy the environment. I did some research and the shoes can be recycled and made into new shoes for people in the world who can't afford them. Check out the Soles United program. It's a great way to take your fashion faux pau and help someone else.

Stylisly yours,
Miss Attitude

Digg!

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Yeah, I'm not really into crocs. I've always found them hideous. I have a few friends who LOVE them, but they seem like nasty, sweaty feet just waiting to happen. I don't care if they have holes in them -- when you combine rubber and feet, no earthly good can come of it.

Anonymous said...

Memphis was on the cutting edge of this awesome fashion trend! :)