Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a rip-off!

So I went to Blockbuster last night for the first time in years. I couldn't believe how much the prices have gone up to rent a movie. $4.50 for one DVD for two days? That's ridiculous! And I grabbed two, so nearly ten bucks later I walked out of the store and got in my car and sent a text to Twitter to share with everyone who follows me.

A little while later one of my friends, "gabizmom", Twitters back "You gotta try NetFlix!" I'm sure she's probably right since that's only $4.99 a month and you get them by mail. I guess I never really considered doing that before because I never had a lot of time to watch movies. I was a workaholic and my job was pretty demanding, leaving me with little free time during the week. In fact, my one friend joked, "You didn't have time to watch movies," but then added, "I take that back. You could've watched movies in your sleep!" And once the weekend hit, I wanted to either relax or spend time with my friends. Movies weren't really a top priority.

And when I did watch them, I watched them for free. I found this really cool Website based out of the U.K. that had tons of movies and videos for free. Of course I had to watch them on my laptop, but free was free. Then the site got shut down for pirating issues and that was the end of that. I recently found Hulu which seems very similar. But all of the movies I wanted watch only had trailers online. So with that, I went to Blockbuster.

Now to give you an idea of how long it had been since I went in there, I don't even have a membership card anymore. And the cashier had to change my address and ask me for another credit card because the last one they had on file expired in 2001. Yikes! He said, "Just to let you know the prices have gone up a bit since the last time you've been in here." Isn't that an understatement?!?!?

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I LOVE Netflix!
We get two movies in the mail or TV shows on DVD each week.
It's only like $7 a month.
We watch one movie on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Right now Freaks and Geeks Disc 1 is waiting at home.
The best part is I am guaranteed to get the movie I want each week and I don't have to go to the store.
I didn't used to watch movies that much but since I can now see whatever I want guaranteed We watch a lot more. PLUS it keeps Gabi entertained --she loves anything from Pixar.