Sunday, May 4, 2008

I don't think they're hearing me..

My one woman mission to get Crocs off the streets isn't having a lot of success yet. I love the comments I'm receiving, but most of them are from the stylish readers who would never be caught dead wearing those hideous excuses for shoes.
Here's the only comment I got from someone obviously misguided enough to think Crocs are okay dispite my advice:

I think you are being a bit tough on Crocs. They feel like velvet vaginas on the feet! I dont care how they look... but they make my feet feel great. I have them in like every color made.
I intend to wear them for many years to come - if they are good enough for Mario Batali - they are good enough for me :-)


Seriously? I don't even have a dignified response to the "velvet vaginas" comment. And since when is Mario Batali someone you want to dress like? I remember watching Molto Mario on the Food Network years ago and never once did I say well if he dresses like that, it's good enough for me. Maybe you want to cook like him, but why would you want to dress like him???? It's not like you're saying if they're good enough for Kate Hudson, they're good enough for me.

The rest of you seem to understand what I'm saying.


I hate crocs. They are the speedos for feet, a massive fashion faux pas that should never have been created.

I agree with you miss attitude! I think crocs are awful. Have you seen there are now new designs of crocs. They're better, but they're still plastic! They're still not good to wear out in public. The only reason to wear them would to work out in the yard or walk somewhere your feet would get wet. I don't think this style makes it any better. keep posting!


So help me spread the word. Get rid of your Crocs, those shoes are never okay to wear in public! Ever!

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

Digg!

3 comments:

Ms. Sassy said...

AMEN!!I AGREE!!! why where something that does not look good, period! no matter what you wear with them they do not look good. No matter how skinny or heavy you are, they DO NOT look good! No matter how small or big your feet are they DO NOT look good! Do you get my point! GOOD!

Miss Attitude said...

Okay, ladies. I heard back from the reader. Here's what she said:

Hahaha - Miss Attitude,
Maybe had we been chatting face to face you would have noticed while saying this my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek.


I get what you mean - believe me - they aren't pretty shoes, and not even remotely stylish. And just so we can clear the air, I do not wish to look like the face-faced ginger-haired Batali.
Hah!

Keep up the fun posts! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Crocs...but I had a bit of an epiphany about them and other seemingly "uncool" things recently after seeing a rock star walking down the street wearing them. Read this article on my blog and let me know what you think.

Here's the link: http://www.thatcoolbroad.com/2008/02/29/minivans-are-coolyeah-you-heard-me/

xoxo
tcb