Sunday, May 18, 2008

The sand beneath my toes

Photobucket

I believe in the sand beneath my toes,
The beach gives a feeling,
An earthy feeling,
I believe in the faith that grows...




There's just something about the song "Semi-Charmed Life." Minus the drug part, it reminds of a carefree time in my life. I had recently graduated college and I lived at the beach. I worked at a restaurant in Ocean City, MD with a bunch of my friends. It was a time full of laughs, friendship, boys, partying, no responsibilities, etc. Every time this song comes on the radio, I think of that summer and my friends. And I think of a stress-free me.

The other day I was suffering from a "flat spirit." (I read that phrase on a blog I love and hope ReneeCK won't mind that I borrowed it.) Anyway, I decided the best thing to treat it was a few hours on the beach. Ah, beautiful St. Pete Beach.

Photobucket

Did sitting on the beach and swimming in the already 80 degree Gulf of Mexico fix my problems? Certainly not. But it did inflate my spirit. (Well, that and dinner & drinks with two great friends the night before.) You should try it sometime.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Booni3 said...

Thinking of those times must be very relaxing. its good that you have those memories. they should help you should you ever find yourself tense. drop by my blog when you can

Booni3
COLORS