Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why is 80s fashion making a comeback?

On NBC's Today Show this morning there was a fashion segment about 80s comebacks including those hideous Members Only jackets and acid washed jeans!

Now they also said Tretorns are back in style and I think I'm okay with that.. not that I'm rushing out to buy a new pair or anything. Yesterday my friend sent me an email saying Jelly shoes are back too. And that I'm not okay with. But then again, I can't get people to stop wearing those ugly Crocs either:(

Neon is also back in style, which I actually have to admit I kind of like if you only wear one item that's neon. I actually saw the cutest pair of hot pink BCBG pumps the other week at Macy's. But promise me if you're going to try neon, don't go overboard like we did in the 80s.. Hideous!

A few months ago, someone seemed to slip in legwarmers like they were acceptable attire in 2008, and let me tell you, they aren't. I didn't even wear them outside of dance class in the 80s! And I still don't believe in wearing leggings. They lived a long happy life in my wardrobe during the late 80s/early 90s and they don't ever need to come back.

So I warn you, please tread lightly with the 80s fashion and skip the Members Only jacket. But above all, please skip the 80s hairstyles! Those big bangs never need to come back in style EVER again.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude
miss.attitude7@gmail.com

No comments: