Thursday, April 10, 2008

Online dating.. take 2

I saw this ad a couple weeks ago for Engage.com. It claims to be "Where dating gets social." Though I'm not 100% sure what that means. The website promises you can "Meet quality singles or play matchmaker for you friends."

The deal is you post your picture, information about yourself and what you're looking for in a match. Then, this is where it's different than Match.com or eHarmony.com, you invite your friends to join too. Then, you can introduce your single friends to other people online and recommend them.

So, I decided to sign up and I invited three single friends to do it too, two women and one man. So far, I've only exchanged e-mails with one guy on there. One of my friends says she's had two messages since signing up Tuesday.

"One was some random guy from Illinois that told me his life story. I really didn't understand it. The other one was a 42 year old from Brooksville. That was kind of creepy. He wrote that he couldn't stop staring at my picture all night and wanted to talk to me. Maybe this website is a bad idea."

Yes, that is creepy. But I told her to keep trying, it's no scarier than starting to talk to a guy in a bar you don't know. So she found one that looks good.

"Should I send him a note? I'm so new and scared about all this. I need to man up (for lack of a better term.)"


I told her to e-mail him! My other female friend hasn't even put up a picture yet. But my guy friend seems to be trying. I introduced him to a girl I found on the website, but he didn't think they were a good match. Now he's picked one for himself and two of us voted yes for the match.

I'm still not sure about this site, but I figure we can all give it a shot. What do you think? Have you tried Engage yet? If so, I want to hear from you. E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

If you haven't tried it, but are thinking about it now because of my blog I want to make sure everyone knows Engage does not do background checks. Match doesn't either. Eharmony does, but only if you pay the extra fee. State lawmakers in Florida are currently debating a bill that require dating websites to do background checks or disclose when they don't. Read more about the bill here.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does it really works?
”Online Dating”

Unknown said...

More often than not I don't make remarks on sites, however I'd like to say this article truly constrained me to do as such. Truly pleasant post! adult dating sites