Friday, April 4, 2008

Another thing that's hard about unemployment

So here's another thing that's hard from unemployment. Aside from looking for a job in this economy and worrying about paying the bills, there's another problem with having too much time on your hands. It's hard to lose weight and not gain it!

At the beginning of the year, I made a lifestyle change what it came to mhy diet and excercising. I didn't want to call it a new year's resolution because I never keep those. So I started eating healthier and walking a lot more. Some of you may remember I walked my first 1/2 marathon last month. Ater all of that hard work I lost some weight, but I'm no where near my goal yet.

So imagine being at home most of the time for three weeks. It's very tempting to eat. A lot. I'm also an emotional eater. The last time things got bad in my life, I ate to deal with it. That's why I gained the weight in the first place.

And on top of it, I've been doing some freelance work that has taken me to some of the best restaurants in downtown and South Tampa, during lunchtime! It's been hard, but I've been trying to stay on track. I even lost two more pounds this past week. I've also started exercising again. I have to confess, after the 1/2 marathon I've been a bit of a slacker. I was always so tired after work and the hour commute home from Sarasota. I figure, now that I have a little more time to myself, I have no excuse. I even lifted weights, focusing on my arms one day this week. I can't even tell you the last time I did that.

If you have any helpful tips to resist the urge to snack, I'd love to hear from you, especially if you've been unemployed before. You can e-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: