Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can priests use MySpace?

Miss Attitude got the most unusal "friend request" on her MySpace page. The profile says the man is a priest. A 38 year old Roman Catholic priest. Now I'm a little skeptical of this profile.

First, if he is a priest why is he on MySpace? Doesn't he have more important things to do? Second, under orientation it says "straight." And then there's this:

"Someone recently asked me why I had so many "myspace female friends". Perplexing...Hmm, just because I am a priest, and cannot ever marry or date anyone (because I gave up all of that to serve the Church) doesn't mean I can't have female friends!"

It all seems a big peculiar to me. And then if he's not really a priest, why would he be pretending to be one? What would be the point in lying about that? Although I did notice his graduation dates from high school and college don't add up to his age, unless he was held back four years.

As you know, Miss Attitude is on MySpace to get the word out about her blog and her column. So I usually don't turn down "friend requests." But this one leaves me a bit unsure. Oh, and did I mention the picture? It's kind of creepy, very close up. It looks like he took it himself.

Should I send him a message and ask if he's for real? Or should I just ignore the request? E-mail me at miss.attitude7@gmail.com.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

No comments: