Friday, July 18, 2008

What the Flugtag?!?!?!

Right now I should be napping, in fact I need to be napping. I still have to clean my condo for the 20 or so people who are showing up to party at 9:30 a.m. for Tampa Bay Flugtag 2008.

Photobucket

I think I've mentioned it before. The hype is definitely starting to pick up. All the local TV stations have been previewing it, and even the CBS Early Show was here live this morning.

Last month, when the first signs went up, I asked WTF is a Flugtag? Well now I know and it sounds like a lot of fun. People are going to be launching their handmade "flying machines" off a ramp by the Tampa Convention Center, and land in the water. I know I'd never try a silly stunt like that, but it's going to be fun to watch. Here are some highlights from last month's Flugtag in London:



(Everything's better with an accent!) Or there's this one from two years ago:



I can't wait to take some pictures! And hopefully no one will get hurt! I'll keep you posted and look for tomorrow's blog.

Stylishly yours,
Miss Attitude

P.S. I don't think this event will even come close to Gasparilla, a.k.a. my favorite day of the entire year, but I'm going to party like it does!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That totally sounds like something I would like to see. Have fun!